Happy Hump Day! Welcome to another From This Side of the Pond's:
1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
Once upon a time, my father-in-law had a boat in which he took his father - Grandpa Ruby, my then boyfriend and me out so Grandpa Ruby could fish. Of course, he caught a fish which ended up in a bucket of water on the boat. The poor fish was drowning and flapping around so I started crying until Grandpa Ruby (with disgust for my crying) threw the fish back in the ocean. So there will be no fishing for me, but at least I save a fish's life!
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Since I'm not a "fish" person, I'd have to pick "living in a fishbowl" because someone is always watching what you're doing. It is helpful to have neighbors who watch out for you ~ which I do ~ so I guess I'm lucky to "live in a fishbowl."
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
AARRGGHHH ~ I'm always looking for either my cell phone ~ an oversized i-phone 6S or my car keys in my pocketbook. I don't understand why they're always so hard to find!
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
I just LOVE "The Little Mermaid." The music and the characters are so much fun!
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
I'm choosing daylight because I am such a morning person and do my best work in the morning!
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a navy blue cardigan with pearl buttons that is at least 20 years old, but it's my most cozy cardigan. I wear this sweater when I need comforting.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
The best part of winter is that we've had only a handful of days with Arctic temperatures ~ extreme cold makes it too uncomfortable to be outside. The worst part is how dark it is ~ but that's all changing now with more daylight!
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
Even though it's in the 50's today, it's still too cold for me to have a margarita. My favorite JB tune ~ Margaritaville ~ of course!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm meeting a friend in Harvard Square for dinner, and I'm really excited!