Hello and thanks for visiting today! I'm linking up with This Side of the Pond for:
1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
I called both my grandmothers "Nana" and my grandfather was "Grampy." My maternal grandfather died two weeks after I was born ~ my mother always claimed he lived just to see me be born.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
I would LOVE to go to California some day. I really want to see the Redwood Forest.
3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
I don't know how to do so many things, but I'll decide on these: hem pants (this would be so helpful since I'm short!); swim (I can only do the dog paddle); and change a flat tire. I think it would be the BEST idea if there was a class in high school on practical life skills such as unclogging a toilet or drain; changing a flat tire;...
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
I want to see more kindness on the highway. I live in the Boston area, and it's true what they say about Boston drivers ~ it's tough to drive around here. I would celebrate every day knowing that I'll be safer while driving.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
I LOVE almonds, especially Almond Joys. I put almonds in my oatmeal!
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
I wake up early on my own (by 6:00) or my dog wakes me up with a big slobber so I can take her out for her walk. I eat breakfast; go Spinning from 7:30 - 8:30; come home and finish my coffee; and do errands.
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
I enjoyed this book from start to finish ~ definitely worth reading!
|Click on book to read more at Amazon.|
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Next week I'll be on February school vacation!
Thank you so much for visiting today! Have a fabulous Friday!